Wednesday 16 January 2019

Toolkit 1: Character Design: Session 1

In last week's character design session, we had to experiment with shapes and simplifying characters. We were given different characters to experiment with (the challenge was to keep them still looking at least vaguely recognisable), and I received Donkey from the Shrek movies. 


I started with minor simplifications of the shapes, and then I continued by making the shapes much less complex while still trying to make it look like the same character.



I then chose another character from the ones we were given and ended up with Honey Lemon from Big Hero 6. I started with two smaller sketches and then a third one (which I ended up going over in Photoshop).


Finally, we were assigned a theme and we had to make 5 or more characters from it using very basic shapes (triangles, circles, and squares). I was given "Roman Gladiator" as my theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment