Thursday 14 February 2019

From Script To Screen: Thumbnails and Concept Art (Part 6)

I finished putting together John and Mabel's colour schemes as well as finishing designing the scissors. I will continue by making character turnaround sheets for both of them so I can finish my animatic. 


I also started thinking about other assets I'd missed and the colour schemes for other characters that appear in the story, as well as the design of the hotel itself. I settled on the name "The Incendiary" as its name, because the word is a synonym for 'bomb' and it's also another word for someone who ''stirs up conflict'' (which works in reference to John, who is constantly causing trouble in search of a bomb to dismantle). 

I kept the design for the hotel's exterior plain and fairly simple as most seaside hotels are similar in appearance and it should fit better into the surrounding environment, which will include other simple assets but it should be a fairly busy scene without complex designs for each individual object. I was also drawing inspiration from buildings like this that I've seen or visited while on holiday.



I also started thinking about the interior of the hotel in terms of flooring. Looking at the influence maps I made, most of the hotels I picked have minimal patterns on the walls, with most of it being concentrated on the floor (with paintings or other decor around the wall areas filling up the usually plain space on the walls). 


2 comments:

  1. Love all the colour palette choices for this, especially like the style incorporated into the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - lots of nice stuff happening here, Karris! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete