Tuesday 30 April 2019

Fantastic Voyage: Texturing (Part 1)


Before starting my textures, I drew some of the assets out with colour so I could get a better idea on how to work things out with the UV maps. I started with the hydrocarbon pieces, the fish, the coin, and the polymer/monomer pieces. Next, I will be doing the seabed and the assets that go with that and then the rest of the objects before I finish rigging. 

As for style, I decided to settle on combining a painterly style with bits of typical pixel art (mostly shown in the highlighting of certain objects). I want to maintain an overall simple style so coincide with the simpler graphics that one might find in an arcade/retro game.

These are the finished textures for each of these pieces: 


The hydrocarbon pieces all have increased emission so they glow. I will be doing the same with the polymer and monomer pieces as well, but here is a quick render of the hydrocarbon emission effect:


This is the texture for the fish:


Here are the final texture maps for these objects:











2 comments: