Thursday 18 April 2019

Fantastic Voyage: Models and UVs (Part 10; Complete)













As well as the fish, I made some assets that can be put together to make a seabed environment. I plan on extending it using matte painted backgrounds and rearranging the pieces for different scenes. The seaweed is probably going to have a basic deformer rig attached to it so I can have it swaying a little bit, and Simon suggested I use the same method for the fish instead of a spine rig as its movement is only seen from profile.

Simon also suggested that I rig the crane in the claw machine and the rubbish chute opening using blend shapes. I intend to work on rigging and texturing at the same time, so I will be doing that next.

I also made a Maya file with all of my objects in it so I can import them all between scenes easily:


1 comment:

  1. that's quite a collection of things, Karris - well done!

    ReplyDelete