Wednesday 28 November 2018

What If Metropolis: Key Asset Modelling (Part 1)









I modelled my first building today by starting out with the cube shapes after setting up my image planes and setting their layer to "reference". I dragged the vertices into place and beveled the cubes so I could add edge loops to prevent their geometry from collapsing. I cleaned it up by deleting unnecessary faces that won't be seen in the final piece.

To make all of the window and door shapes, I extruded the front face and scaled it before pushing it back to create a somewhat hollow appearance. For the circular shapes, I used a basic cylinder which was pulled into shape and added edge loops into them to get them to look more disc-like.

I finished by grouping pieces and renaming them so I could delete anything I didn't need in preparation for making my UV layouts. 

2 comments: