Saturday 17 November 2018

What If Metropolis: Thumbnails (Part 6; Complete)

I spent a while considering the shape of the rocks in the city and the mountains that would be in the background. As there is a running theme of diamond shapes in Sherman's work and in the buildings that I have designed, I wanted to incorporate that into the rocks as well (to match the trees and wire fence). These shapes will probably be implemented into the matte painting background in the form of the mountains (any rocks that are in the actual city will be modelled). 



I then proceeded to look at the composition for my final shot so I can create my concept painting, so I did some very quick sketches. Out of these pictures, I think that 138 is the most successful in creating the Zen garden atmosphere so, at the moment, that is the composition that I am most inclined to choose as my final one.

2 comments: