Friday 7 December 2018

What If Metropolis: Key Asset Modelling (Part 8; Complete)









To create the ground for my scene, I started off with a single plane and scaled it to what I thought would be appropriate. I proceeded to select some faces and use the circularize tool and delete them away to get the main circle at the centre of my city. I then extruded the edges so it looks like there's a difference in height between the top and side of the circle. I did the same to create the pathway.

I made a new plane underneath and used the circularize and extrude tools again, but this time, I pulled the resulting faces upwards so they were the same height as the rest of the path. 

I then created a third plane to act as the grassy environment around the pathway and deleted the faces that I wouldn't need as they would be hidden by the buildings eventually. I pulled them into shape around the main path and used the soft select tool to create a more organic look as it let me put bumps into the surface of the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment