Wednesday 12 December 2018

What If Metropolis: Pipeline: Texturing (Part 1)

For the textures on my scene, I decided to add a watercolour brush texture to create a grainy surface somewhat reminiscent of the paint marks used in Bruce M. Sherman's works. I'll probably keep the specular somewhat high on the final render for the buildings, as his works also have a slightly glossy effect to them. For this render, I kept it lower so the textures are more obvious.
 








This is the render with textures implemented:
Tomorrow, I will probably make some adjustments to these textures (namely the ground textures) so I can finish and implement my matte painting. I will also try and complete any final lighting tests and passes so the city is completed.

4 comments:

  1. Really strong and coherent aesthetic, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably on your to-do list already, but I think you could consider varying the tones between the tree canopies, just to create a bit more interest and variation there so they don't seem completely identical and 'off the peg' - and yes, I think you need to dial-up the distinctiveness of the patterning on the ground plane. Looking forward to seeing your matte painting drop in! As Tom says, strong and coherent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've made some changes to it so hopefully it looks better now.

      Delete