Thursday 19 March 2020

Premise: Character Design (Part 4)


After some consideration, I decided that it would probably be better if I explored the school idea that I spoke about with Justin. This would allow me to focus on the original experience that the story is based off of in more detail. As such, the character would not be moving towns, but instead moving school. This allows me to set the story in a single place - the school - instead of worrying about designing the whole town, different building interiors, and a huge array of characters. Instead, I can give more attention to the school and its interior design overall. 

The issue that I then encountered was that I liked both the older design and the younger design that I had made. To begin to try to solve this, I looked at blending the two together to create a third new design. I'm not quite finished with it yet, but I am happy with the results of directly combining both. My next step with the main character is to design an outfit that clashes less with their hair colour, though I do want to keep it similar to the younger design's initial outfit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment