Thursday 21 March 2019

Fantastic Voyage: Thumbnails and Concept Art (Part 3)




For the colours of the machines, I decided to look at traditional arcade machines which tend to use bright colours. I tried to stay away from using too much red, as I will be using that for the plastic objects so they can stand out more. 

I will probably condense the pattern designs together to make more finished versions and experiment more with colour schemes so there is a diverse range over the four machines, as I don't want them to look too same-y when put next to each other. I do think that I will probably end up using thumbnails 85-86 for my final design for the plastic machine (though there will likely be small adjustments). I also have to make adjustments to accommodate for logo designs.

Another factor that I have to consider is complexity; I will likely simplify the designs a bit as well because these machines (aside from the claw machine) are not on screen for very long and won't be seen from the side angle much if at all so it wouldn't justify the complex designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment