Thursday 21 March 2019

Toolkit 1: Adobe Illustrate: Monster Design (Part 1)


Last Friday's class with Simon had us experimenting with quick character design so we could take them into Adobe Illustrate. We were given letters and then we had to pick numbers between 0-4 at random, which gave us the arms, eyes, legs, and a category to base our designs around. I ended up with 0 arms, 3 eyes, 4 legs, and the second category out of the list which was 'Jock'. 


We then had to take some of the designs further.


After that, we had to refine one of these designs so we could take it into Adobe Illustrate. I wasn't very happy with how mine turned out so I decided to make further changes later on:


Our task in Adobe Illustrate was to give the picture lineart using the curve pen tool. I found this particularly difficult as it was my first time using Adobe Illustrate, but I think I got used to it fairly quickly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment