Thursday 21 March 2019

Fantastic Voyage: Thumbnails and Concept Art (Part 4)


I decided to develop the goldfish idea further as it would not only allow me to transition from the fourth machine to the end of the film, it allows me to condense ideas into a smaller, singular scene that will illustrate the idea of plastic pollution in the ocean more clearly.



 I made some designs for text boxes within the games, trying to keep them relevant to certain themes (or leaving it ambiguous in the case of thumbnail 107).

 For the plastic game, I wanted to retain a fairly simple colour scheme mostly involving red. As I'm sure on the colours I am using for the machine that the game is played on, I applied its theme to the objects within the game (and so they can be used with the goldfish game as well). They may have a slight glow to them against the darker underwater background so they stand out more (and perhaps appear more ominous).



I also made decaying versions to illustrate plastic breaking up into smaller pieces in the ocean as I won't be doing the macro/microplastic scene anymore.

1 comment: