Thursday 14 May 2020

Premise: Character Design (Part 7)

I wasn't quite happy with the colour palettes of the two main characters, so I continued to work on them. With Kris, I found that the darker hair colours worked better with the red on the shirt and shoes, and that I also preferred the slightly lightened shorts. 


Again, I wanted Evie's colour palette to contrast with Kris' a bit more than it already was, as I found that the original colour that I used for Evie's fur was too similar to Kris' hair colour. I kept the yellow shirt and experimented with dress and fur colours/patterns before proceeding. I found that I preferred the last three designs from the set.


I then looked at shirt patterns for the two characters. For Kris, I decided to bring back the darker blue colour for a shirt pattern and to look at the original dinosaur one that I had first used with the character. I ended up picking the plain pocket shirt as I think that it looked better as it was simple. The same applied to Evie's shirt design; I kept it as simple as possible, especially because this character has more complicated patterns on her body. 



These are the two final designs for both Kris and Evie. For Evie, I ended up going with one of the first concept designs that I had chosen for her in terms of clothing, which was the purple dress and yellow shirt.



No comments:

Post a Comment