Monday 28 December 2020

Art Jam (Session 3)

 


Between working on other projects, I also caught up on the third art jam session, which involved taking a character from a television series and another from a video game and fusing them together to create a third character and have them do some kind of activity or pose. The characters that I chose were Jasper from Steven Universe and Undyne from Undertale, and since both are similar with certain aspects of their personalities and interests, I decided to put the resulting character in a fighting stance with a weapon (also a combination of weapons used by both characters).


Jasper

Undyne

To push the design further, I also took elements from both characters' alternate designs and emphasised some of the motifs (with Jasper's being diamonds and taking the heart design from Undyne's spear). I decided to add the background elements as well, as they are also associated with either character and it helped the design 'pop' a bit more. I would've liked to have had more time to put a little bit of extra detail. Overall, I think that this activity was really fun and it's definitely something I'd do again if I had the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment