Friday 29 January 2021

Minor: Base Body Modelling (Part 5)

Since my characters share the same body base, the last thing that I had to create was the skirt to fit on the body. I made it out of a cylinder that was adjusted heavily to accommodate for a belt shape on top of the skirt by extruding faces multiple times and placing vertices where I wanted them for the length. I was somewhat selective about this as I wanted it to be long enough to successfully hide the shorts beneath while still keeping it short enough to match the drawings.

I added the 'belt' shape due to consideration of the designs which use the skirt model; the only characters which do so are Evie (in both of her forms) and Alice. Alice's design actually incorporates a belt, and Evie's dress has a stitch line in about the same area which I believe can be changed very easily into something similar.

Now, the body base model is technically completed; the only thing that I need to do now is attach the head models once they are fully completed so I can begin adding each character's separate attributes.




No comments:

Post a Comment