Friday 22 January 2021

Minor: Prop Modelling (Part 2; Complete)

While working on my character models, I finished modelling my props. Some of this included revisiting some of the props I'd modelled and either slightly altering them or re-modelling them entirely. Either way, all of my props are now modelled and ready to have their UV layouts completed. 

For some of the designs, I ended up diverging to varying degrees from the original concept art to push the 'cartoony' aspect even further by distorting shapes a little bit using lattices or modelling them to be a little bit different, or adding extra detail that I felt would add to the models. As with the character models, though, there are some aspects that I have left down to the texturing so the style matches and the characters fit properly into their world in an aesthetic sense.

Updated model of the teacher's desk:


Picnic table:


Bookshelf:


Updated student desk model:


Playground bench:


Updated chair model:


Basketball hoop:


Wall display boards: 


Fire alarm:


Poster templates: 


Hockey stick: 


Globe:


Small book pile: 


Large book pile: 


Fire extinguisher:


Fire exit sign:


Folder stack:


Maths book (open and closed):


Kit's scrapbook (open and closed):


Geography book:


Paper and photograph bases, paper airplane, and screwed up paper models:


Pencil case (variant 1):


Pencil case (variant 2):


Pencil case (variant 3):


Potted cactus:


Laptop:


Poetry book:


Book with bookmark:


Block tower:


Completed clock model (compared to the last version, I added a separate 'sheet' of geometry on top that I will apply a shiny transparent texture to achieve the plastic look from my concept art):


Coffee cup:


Water bottle (variant 1):


Juice box:


Evie's bag:


Kit's bag:


Paintbrushes:


Protractor:


Sticky note pile:


Paints tray:


Paint pots:


Water bottle (variant 2):


Paint bottles:


Stationery pots:


All props (unsmoothed):


All props (smoothed):


No comments:

Post a Comment