Friday 29 January 2021

Minor: Base Body Modelling (Part 4)

The next tutorials had me crafting the hands and thumb, first using a cube to construct the fingers. After the fingers were more or less complete as much as possible, a second separate cube was made to create the palm of the hand. This was then connected to the fingers and the geometry was adjusted accordingly. 

A thumb was also created using a duplicate of one of the fingers and attached in a similar way, and then a lot of the geometry on the hand was rearranged to be as clean as possible. 

Finally, I had to attach the hand to the wrist of the base. Since the arm of the base had eleven vertices compared to the hand's twelve, I added in an extra edge loop to the back of the shoulder on the torso and rearranged the geometry on the arm to accommodate for this change. I then combined both pieces, attached the wrist to the hand, and tweaked the geometry until I was satisfied. 











No comments:

Post a Comment