Saturday 9 January 2021

Minor: Updated Animatic (Version 2)

 Following feedback from a while back as well as tweaks that had been made to my film since the previous animatic, I went in and edited a few bits and pieces of my animatic:


Most of what has changed has been minor, but includes:
  • Changing Alice's design to match its updated version (since she was a cat the last time, and I have since made alterations to her design including changing her species)
  • Tweaks to various panels.
  • Adjustments to certain shots that I feel make the visuals flow better, such as having Evie approach the classroom door from the front following her classmates (giving more of an impression of activity from background characters) instead of a wide shot of the classroom which would have otherwise been empty. 
  • Cutting out certain shots completely that did not serve the story or mood of a scene and otherwise would have made no sense to remain in there.
  • Adjusting the pacing by speeding up and slowing down different shots.
  • The photographs have been drawn in more clearly according to the designs I'd made so there's less confusion about whether or not Kit is carrying the same picture throughout the film.
  • Changing the entire end montage completely; I felt the scrolling down was better and less 'boring' to look at than the previous one which was a still shot and had pages of a book turning, and made more sense to have Kit come in at the end to place the final photograph than the last version as well.
  • I have also added clearer notes about the kind of saturation/colour used in particular scenes and at particular times.
As for sound design, I believe that most of my film would be better to rely very heavily on music. I will probably still be including ambience and background sounds as well as any other effects that I feel would be necessary. I have already collected most of the sounds that I will be using during the Premise project in a video that I posted to my blog at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment