Saturday 9 January 2021

Minor: Prop Modelling (Part 1)

As well as working on modelling the bases for my characters, I got to work on some of the props and furniture that will either fill the scenes or be interacted with by different characters. This involved taking my previous prop designs into Maya and modelling using them as references displayed on image planes, and some objects have developed from those designs as I have made adjustments or additions while creating them in a 3D space. 

The objects that I have finished so far include a teacher's desk, chairs (which has been duplicated four times for four separate colours; the same goes for some other objects as well that will have multiple versions), a student desk model, Kit's scrapbook (closed), a large bin, a recycling bin, three separate spheres for a tennis ball, baseball, and the larger ball that the characters use respectively, a smaller bin, and then some of the stationery that I created: a variety of different pens, pencils, markers, erasers, rulers, tape, a sharpener, and a gluestick. I also began working on the clock, but have yet to model the hands and the plastic covering on top of it as my concept art involved a shiny-looking surface concealing the hands (as did many reference images that I looked at) and I want to retain that if possible.

 





















No comments:

Post a Comment