Thursday 12 November 2020

Minor: Evie and Kit Updated Designs

After speaking to Alan about my project yesterday, I made some tweaks to some of the human designs for the characters. These tweaks are mainly to do with the hair as having larger volumes of hair, especially in the style that Kit's original hairstyle was in, had the potential to cause problems for me later down the line. The solution was to alter the hair so that I would not run the risk of having to spend as much time animating it nor would it collide with parts of the model including the arm. 

To do this, I looked back at some concept art and other illustrations I'd sketched (but haven't quite finished yet) of Kit's hair where I had styled it into a ponytail. I based their updated look on this but with some tweaks such as the strands of hair by their ears being a newer addition. When I get around to finishing the drawings, I will probably continue to alternate between the hairstyles as I intend to leave the design of Kit and RenĂ©e's photograph as it is with Kit's hair down; it's just that the newer hairstyle translates better to a 3D environment. 

While I still have to figure out how Kit's hair will look fully-fleshed out in the official orthographs as the previous drawings were mostly to serve the purpose of helping me figure out the basics of each character's designs, I think I've reached a stage where I'd be comfortable taking these updated designs forwards and making them into proper orthographs and figuring out the details from there.

The solution to the same problem that I might have faced with Evie involved an even more minor edit than with Kit's hair: her hair needed shortening just slightly so that it was around the length of her shoulders instead of below.



No comments:

Post a Comment