Saturday 17 April 2021

Major: Interim

This is the updated version of my making of document for my film with a new layout and additional 'Major' chapter, alongside a plan of what I intend to get done before the end of the project.

 

While I would have liked to have come out of this project with a finished film, it's obvious by this point that this is unlikely, and so I would prefer to have something smaller and much more manageable. However, what with how unpredictable my personal circumstances have been and continue to be, I have been thinking about a few realistic outcomes at this stage as I am aware of how behind I am compared to where I should ideally be. For the remainder of the project, I intend on completing all of my environments, props, and character rigs (2D faces included), but what I will be able to do with these will vary, again, depending on circumstance:

What I am ultimately aiming for in a best case scenario at this point is a variety of animations of the characters in the environments that I have created. These will either correspond to pieces of my animatic or will be characters performing actions and animated in ways that correspond to their personalities instead (or even a combination of both). Essentially, I will be creating a series of small animations to make use of the rigs that I will be creating in the coming weeks. I will also be focusing on making a series of the characters in different poses and rendered out as turnarounds and images, as well as making turnarounds to showcase all of the props, environments, and other models that I have made alongside this. These will also serve as a further backup should things decline further and I am unable to produce enough animation to make a reel of substantial length.

No comments:

Post a Comment