Saturday 10 April 2021

Major: Character Modelling (Part 3)

The next step after the dog models was to create and attach the pieces to the cat characters. The first of which I did this with was T.J., and again started by creating her hair. Compared to Sam and Alice, her hairstyle was a lot less complicated to make, with most of the time on her model spent positioning and making slight adjustments to the curve of the hair.




After sorting out her hair, I moved onto the clothing details. For T.J., the only part of her clothing that I had previously noted to be 3D on the orthographs was the buttons on her jacket, but I decided to make the pockets 3D as well to add further dimension to the model.




After making the initial pocket on the left side of the character, I duplicated it, grouped it, and set the ;Scale X' channel to -1 so it transferred to her right side correctly. 


Finally, I tided up the outliner by placing T.J.'s model pieces into a group of their own and renaming them, and then removed the reference images from the scene to prepare to optimize it once Charley and Evie have been finished.


The next character that I will work on is Charley, and then Evie's cat version.



No comments:

Post a Comment