Monday 26 April 2021

Major: Skinning (Part 4)

 I started working on pose space deformers/corrective blendshapes after blending the body completely. I started with the shoulder as the tutorial suggests, but I did find myself having some issues working on the geometry of the shoulder (particularly the shirt as it creases against the chest), so I will come back to these later. For now, I focused on fixing the up and down poses for the shoulder as well as beginning to edit the forwards and backwards poses, and then completing the elbow and wrist deformers. I intend to move on to fixing the pieces of the lower body that are simpler first and then, as the shorts are similarly shaped to the shirt sleeve, probably having to go back and spend more time on them. 

After I have finished these, I plan on completing the body rig and moving on to the 2D facial rigging should everything go to plan (accompanied by sorting out remaining issues such as the skirt and reskinning the different head shapes and the individual character accessories). In the meantime, I would also like to work on the textures for my environments and props so they can be lit and fully completed as soon as possible to make some basic turnarounds for them, as well as finishing leftover concept art that I have not yet been able to get to.





No comments:

Post a Comment