Friday 23 April 2021

Major: Rigging (Part 5)

 Next, I put in the head joints for the human base. I will probably have to come back and change the positioning of some of the joints once I apply the rig to the cat and dog bases once it's finished, but for now, the skeleton for the bases is finished. This time, I had to create the extra joints and parent them accordingly, organise the outliner, and colour in the controls for the rig. 

One thing that's different between my skeleton and the skeleton shown in the tutorials is the lack of jaw and eyeball joints. As my characters have 2D facial rigs instead, they evidently lack both the jaw and eyes, so making the joints would be unnecessary.


I realised that, as Kit's hair is so far back from their head, it would collide with the tutorial's placement of the neck controls. To remedy this, I moved them backwards. For the dog and cat rigs, I could probably edit the control vertices on the shape to move them backwards as to not mess with anything set in place at the moment. At this time, I also realised that the skirt intersected with part of the pelvis control so I used the same solution to make it slightly bigger.










The next thing to do is begin the skinning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment