Monday 24 May 2021

Major: Facial Rigging (Part 2)

 I began creating the assets for each individual facial rig and testing how they'll look on the model before I go on to complete the rest of the assets and plug them in over the next couple of days. 

I started out with the base texture models, creating a new file with it as the bottom layer and then a series of folders on top where the different assets are placed. 

I also created a reference sheet for myself which I was looking at and checking off as I went along with some basic, quickly-drawn expressions that I wanted Kit's rig to have. At the bottom of the sheet, I made note of each individual asset that I would need using the expressions as templates. Evie's cat rig will be slightly more limited than Kit's but still requires a larger variety of expressions to be able to emote and act correctly, but her human rig is limited further still as she doesn't need as many. Depending on the character and their importance, expressions will be altered and removed (for example, T.J. barely emotes at all in part due to her personality and the fact that she's on screen for a smaller amount of time, whereas Sam will need more as he is more 'emotional' and Dylan will need barely any due to him being a background character).

As I made progress, I tested each asset on Kit's model to make sure that the placement was correct and that distortion was minimized.
















I am looking forward to completing these rigs as soon as possible, as the characters are now almost fully completed and ready to animate and render once I have set up the lighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment