Saturday 22 May 2021

Major: Texturing (Part 17)

I moved on to the dog textures after finishing the cat ones, starting with Sam and then Alice. I did stop partway through doing these to make a quick edit to the hair on the cat textures to add a small texture to T.J.'s hair, before continuing on. As with the cat and human characters, Sam and Alice had temporary head/face textures placed in to work out where their facial features are going to go after I begin facial rigging tomorrow.



















I did do Alice's temporary face a little bit different, wherein she more closely resembles her final product, as her eyes are drawn differently to the rest of the characters. 

Otherwise, all that I have left to do for texturing is to finish Dylan and make the final base textures for the head models. Then I can begin 2D rigging - however, I will rig each character in the order of importance to my project (starting with Kit and Evie's cat version, and finishing with Dylan and Alice) in case I run out of time. That way, if I need to begin animating, I can do so without having to worry about characters that are of less importance (who have a much more limited range of facial features necessary compared to the more prominent characters).

No comments:

Post a Comment