Monday 10 May 2021

Major: Texturing (Part 1)

The texturing work for the environments and props began with transferring the posters and fire exit sign designs onto those found in the hallway and classroom. This involved either adjusting the sizing of the original designs or essentially 'remastering' some of them by drawing over them to create a higher quality. The same method will be done to transfer book covers, logos, drawings, and similar.







I will continue the texturing process by working on the book covers as part of the classroom and the other objects within the same UV sheet. I have also progressed partway through the other UV sheets for the other objects within the same scene as well as those for the other scenes (the hallway, exterior, and playground). However, I feel that my designs may change for the interior and exterior of the school (particularly in regard to the hallway and school exterior) as the colours that I used for the flooring and brickwork appear to be too washed out. It's therefore likely that I'll change the colours to something that more closely matches the rest of the scenes (and the characters that will be placed within them to create some renders).

Once the last few pieces of skinning is sorted (by solving the outstanding issues with the skirt and hair and sorting out the other head models), I will also work on texturing the characters and adding their 2D facial rigs. I will also be able to light the environments once they're complete to create some renders of these and, if I have time, animate some small movement with the characters in the scenes.


No comments:

Post a Comment