Friday 7 May 2021

Major: Skinning (Part 6)

 After completing the top half of the body, I moved on to the lower half. I encountered the same problems with the trouser leg as I did with the shirt sleeve as they're the same shape, but after some time spent working with them managed to get the pose deformers to a place that I'm satisfied with. After making them, I mirrored them over and then set the IK blends back to 1 for both of the legs.








The next step is to properly blend the neck on the human head, and then import the other characters into the scene to swap out the heads and skin those onto the body as well. I will also attach the objects (hair, skirt, buttons, etc.) to the rig so they move properly, before confronting any issues I might have with them in terms of movement, as I don't want the hair and skirt to be too stiff. In the meantime, I will also work on texturing the environments and props that I've made so I can light them and make turnarounds as soon as possible. This will be done using a combination of basic surface shaders and coloured UV sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment