Thursday 20 May 2021

Major: Texturing (Part 13)

 I began to texture my characters. As they're in the same style as the environment, most of the time with these is currently spent working on making sure the seams join up correctly. Before I started, I made sure that the skirt had was bound to the pelvis joint as it wasn't already. I also organised the scene by creating a group for the geometry.

I did end up putting placeholder faces in for both Kit and Evie's human versions to see where facial features might end up (though this might change during the facial rigging process for them, which I intend to start tomorrow once they've both been textured fully, so I can then move on to texturing and facial rigging the cat characters and then finally the dogs before animating). Kit's torso texture right now is unfinished and will be fixed tomorrow, as I was working on joining up the seams and testing the hands before colouring it fully.














As I'm texturing two characters at once, the process is moving about as fast as I'd like it to. I'm also gradually getting the hang of sorting out seams quickly as I do more of this (as they weren't such an issue with the environments and props). Most of the issues with the human characters, though, is to do with the seams on the socks and shoes, and since the animal characters don't have those, it should be slightly quicker when it comes to texturing them as that's where most of the time was spent today.

Hopefully I can correct the characters' facial features placement as well during the facial rigging process, as I'm a little bit unsatisfied with it at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment