Sunday 30 May 2021

Major: Lighting and Rendering (Part 3)

 Today, I applied the rim light to the other characters and some of the props in my environments. I began to work on rendering clearer quality images for my individual characters. 




Here are the final renders with the rim lights attached:











I still have to apply the rim light to the rest of the props in my file specifically for those items, but I also began to work on the lighting and rendering of my scenes. As the lighting generally remains the same across the entire film, I tried to get the lighting done as best I could in the classroom environment (using Kit's model as a reference), and then exported these to the other three environments and tweaked it slightly. The initial lighting took a few tries to get right, and for the sky, I ended up using a skydome with a ramp texture attached to it to create a nice gradient colour to fill the black space. 




I then began to take some test renders as I worked on the lights. 












I still have some work to do regarding reducing render time and graininess of scenes; I am considering using stand-ins so less space is taken up by the props in each scene, and where possible in certain shots, I will remove pieces entirely. Otherwise, I will focus first on getting my turnarounds out tomorrow for props, environments, and characters, and then taking some more renders, followed by beginning to animate some pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment